Monday, July 18, 2011

Anxiousness...

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

I was talking with my sister-in-law today. We were discussing about her job interview, and she said that she wouldn't know for sure whether or not she got the job until Thursday. She then said that she was anxious about the wait, and couldn't stop thinking about it all. 
When she said anxious, immediately this scripture popped into my head. And I txted it to her...she said that it was what she needed at that moment. And that it was an encouragement that she needed to hear. 
But as I'm looking back at the conversation, I started to think more in depth of what the verse means. So I looked up the definition for the word Anxious. 
Anxious: experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness...
Then I placed each of the word from the definition in place of the word anxious in the scripture...
Worry for nothing...
Be uneased by nothing...
Be nervous for nothing...
but in prayer, tell God how thankful you are, and let your heart be open to Him
for in doing these things God's peace will abound in you..and it will be greater than all of man's  understanding.
And it will guard your Hearts, and your Minds through and forever in Christ Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment